Friday, May 16, 2008

Putsy Challenge Card

Here's my take on Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge. It was another card that evolved with a lot of trying this and trying that to accomplish the look I wanted. In the end, I think I might have reversed the flowers or at the very least, tried it! The card is mostly layered paper, easy with the perfectly coordinated Boom-Di-Ada paper packet. The flowers were stamped on Buttercup cardstock and cut out. I inked the edges with Barn Red and curled the petals a bit for added dimension. I also added a Circle Window Charm to the center of the large flower and used Garden Green brads as centers for the small ones.

Materials & Tools: Colonial White, Autumn Terracotta, and Buttercup cardstock; Boom-Di-Ada paper packet; Olive, Barn Red, Buttercup, and Bamboo ink pads; Cottage Floral and Follow Your Dreams stamp sets; Garden Green brads; Circle Window Charms; Sponge dauber.

It didn't take little Bjorn long to fall asleep once his movie was over. Grandpa rubbed his cheek for a couple minutes, and he was out. Just like I did with my boys, I always make one last stop in their bedroom, before turning in myself, just to watch them sleep for a few moments. Mathias' hands, when he sleeps, are positioned just like his daddy's were when he slept at the same age 27 years ago. I have no photographs of my sleeping children but rather a clear picture etched in my mind. I'm glad I made those nightly stops now. I am happy, too, to have more little boys with whom to create memories. For tonight, I think I'll do like the rest of my household and go to bed. It will be playtime in the morning, so I'd best have some energy! Later!!

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

Love those papers! I'm going to have to try that technique of inking the petals of the flowers and slightly curling them up.

Great card! Hope you have a wonderful windless weekend. We are supposed to hit the mid 80s by tomorrow. First it's cold then hot, then cool, then warm...springtime in the Rockies is always an adventure! :o)

Anonymous said...

Kathi, your card looks fantastic! Love the paper and the flowers.
Thanks for playing! Have a great week. Hugs and smiles