Sunday, June 8, 2008

Weekend Sketch Challenge

Here's my card for Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge. It doesn't include much that requires explanation. I watercolored my stamped image with a Dove blender and ink from my ink pads. I used Prismacolor pencils for my first try, and while they worked just fine, the colors didn't provide the "match" for this bold paper that the coordinating ink did. As far as embellishments beyond the rickrack go, I couldn't see that more would really add anything to the design.

Materials & Tools: White Daisy, Olive, and Buttercup cardstock; Creative Basics Boom-Di-Ada Collection; Black, Olive, Garden Green, Sweet Leaf, Hollyhock, Brown Bag, Grey Wool, and Twilight ink pads; Stampin' Up Blooming with Love and Papertrey Ink Mixed Messages stamp sets; Dove blending pen; Piercing tool; Stampin' Up Piercing Guide & Mat.

I hope you're enjoying your weekend. Catch you later!

2 comments:

Miss Boo (a.k.a. jen70) said...

Beautiful card! Love the ric rac.

Kim said...

WOW!! I just love your card! Great colors! Great job on the challenge!