Friday, March 20, 2009

And Here's Eli & Frogger!

Partial to little boys (only because the good Lord, to date, hasn't provided me with any options!), this was the first stamp to find its way into my cart at Whipper Snapper Designs last weekend. It's another cutie.

As for my card, it's my contribution to this week's Stamp Simply challenge on the No Time to Stamp? blog. The theme is "You've been Tabbed!" Tabs are a great way to use up little bits of ribbon, and they're a great accent for this card. The rest of the card is self-explanatory, I think. I used my Prismacolor pencils and odorless mineral spirits again. I kind of chuckle when I recall that a year ago, I hadn't yet gotten around to sharpening the big box of colored pencils that I'd purchased several months prior. Now, I can't leave 'em alone.

Materials & Tools: White Daisy, Moonstruck, and Bamboo cardstock; Route 66 paper packet; Black and Moonstruck ink pads; Prismacolor colored pencils; Gamsol odorless mineral spirits; Blending stump; Whipper Snapper Designs Eli and Frogger stamp and CTMH Happy Birthday stamp set; Ribbon from Michael's; Red mini brads; 1 and 1-1/4 inch circle punches; 3M foam mounting tape; Sanding block; Black My Legacy Writer.

Happy Friday! Man, I didn't think the 5 o'clock hour would ever roll around today. It was quiet at work, and all I could think of was all of the things I could be doing at home. Tonight, the plan is to play around in my corner for a while and then, go to bed early. The nice weather (in the 40s) has me in the mood to do some spring cleaning tomorrow, and as I don't get into such moods often, I'd best take advantage of it! Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoy the evening. If you're in the neighborhood check back tomorrow to see what Simple Saturday brings! Later ...

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Now that is a CUTE stamp...I love the frog and the oversized feet. Great card for a boy. Love it!

Laurel said...

Wow another cutie!

Jeanne said...

Oh man...so flippin' adorable, I almost can't stand it! Love it!

Carolyn said...

Too cute! Adorable card!!