Saturday, September 8, 2007

Moonlight Madness

There's a reason why young women have children . . . While Bjorn, Mathias and I had a great day, Grandma is exhausted. Had I laid down, I probably would have clonked out within minutes of their going home this evening. However, the urge to create was too great, so I sat my tired backside down in the chair at my stamping desk and made these two cards. I attempted to hone my distressing skills a little more with the birthday card. Actually, I think it would have been an OK card were it not distressed. There are some who distress everything. I'm not one of them. In fact, most of the time, I prefer the "clean" look. The background of the autumn card was sponged with Sunflower, Goldrush, and Autumn Terracotta inks and then random stamped (first and second generation) with the Autumn Splendor set. The paper leaves are new in the fall/winter catalog. I sponged ink onto the one I used to better match it to the design. I also sponged the edges of the circle the sentiments on with same color ink (Goldrush) to give it a little more dimension. My desire to make something having been satisfied, I'm going to call it a day.

No comments: