Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Oh No . . . SNOW!!

While not my finest photo by any means, it is proof regardless that it is currently snowing in northern Minnesota. That's what I get for saying yesterday that snow would be preferable to the constant, drizzling rain. I didn't mean it. I'm not ready for snow!

Twenty-nine years ago today, the temperature was 86 degrees at 3 p.m., according to the outdoor thermometer on the First Federal building. No, I don't have a weird memory with regard to weather matters. Rather, I remember seeing the temperature reading as Marv and I drove to Northwest Medical Center where 12 hours later, I gave birth to my first child. I remember everything about that day. While I've forgotten most of the details of my wedding day and every other important day of my life, I'm relatively certain that on my last day on earth, I will be able to tell a couple of detailed (and fairly accurate) childbirth stories. I don't know if it's the miracle, the excruciating pain or the combination of the two, but women do not forget the birth experience.

Back to the present, I hope the snow is temporary. I hope we have at least a few more mild days. It's autumn. Winter doesn't begin until December. Also, I'm not still awake. Rather I woke up, and were it not for the snow and the trip down memory lane, I'd be asleep again by now. I'm headed back to bed.

No comments: