Sunday, November 11, 2007

Back to that Challenge Card

Here's a pretty color combination straight out of the CTMH Color Guide - Pansy Purple, Garden Green and Bamboo. The card measures 5-1/2 by 5-1/2. The scalloped circle element is 3-1/2 inches. All of the cardstock pieces were sanded, and the edges of the bamboo sentiment circle were distressed with Bamboo ink.

I like the distressed look, particularly when you want to give your card an antique look. Shabby chic is fun, too, but it's not for every card. I use the Edge Distresser from CTMH's new Distressing Kit quite a bit but still grab for my old discount store sanding blocks. I also have an old-style Bamboo ink pad that is seasoned to perfection, and I would be lost without it. As with embellishments, if distressing is not going to improve or add something to the overall design, I don't do it. Maybe I've said it before, I stamp the way I dress and decorate my house - simple.

No comments: