Tuesday, November 6, 2007

An Invitation

In a comment left on one of my posts, someone asked if I minded if she stamplift a card and use it for a workshop. No, I don't mind. In fact, I'm flattered, as I hope other stampers are when I "borrow" their ideas. For me, stamping and this blog are all about sharing. I don't watermark my photos, and I make no copyright claims. I will have warn you, however, that I discovered one of my photos on someone else's website once, and I was not a happy camper. I could not believe that someone would take a photo and claim it as their own. As it turned out, this particular individual didn't know any better, and she apologized profusely. It was OK. With regard to the copyright thing, it's hard for me to determine what is an "original" idea when there are so many ideas out there. Perhaps if I submitted my work for publication, I'd feel differently. As it is, I just want to have fun sharing what I do and trust in the goodness of others.

No comments: