Sunday, November 25, 2007

Weekend Sketch

For the past several weekends, I've been producing a card based on a sketch on the Fresh & Fun blog. However, it appears that Beate is taking some time off from posting daily and coming up with a Weekend Sketch Challenge. Her reasoning is solid. This blogging thing takes time. I hope Beate enjoys the time with her family, and I'll look forward to her future posts.

Back to the sketch thing, I found one on a another blog. Snow Friends was still out on my desk, and I couldn't resist. Once I've held my club meeting and taken orders for the month, I usually tuck the current Stamp of the Month away with hopes that it will eventually be added to the regular line. I don't think this set will be put aside until the snow melts in Minnesota, which could be May! I don't think my friends will object to the cards either, as nearly every one of them ordered the set. I doubt that their orders were the result of my shoving this set down their throats but rather because it's so darned cute.

There's nothing solemn about this card. The colors are Holiday Red, Clover Meadow, and Dutch Blue. The background paper is from the Hollydays paper packet. The big brads were in my stash and are not CTMH. I'm going to send this card to friends with kids. It looks like a "kid card" to me.

Revisiting the time issue, someone asked me in a comment where I find the time to blog. I believe it was the author of the very cool Mommy Scraps blog. The very name of her blog explains why I might have more time than she does. I have no one who calls me "Mommy." When I did, I had significantly less time for me. I have a full-time job but other than that no huge responsibilities. When I went to work 10 years ago, my self-employed husband, who has a lot more time on his hands, took over most of the domestic responsibilities, including the cooking. My first job, as a newspaper reporter, was very demanding, and I think things just ended up that way, which was fine with me. In fact, once he became a little more skilled in the kitchen, it was great. I turned 50 during my first year at Digi-Key. I didn't think it would be a big deal until the day arrived. Then it hit me like a ton of bricks. When you're young, you don't think much about time. You have plenty of it, or so you think. Thinking about time on my birthday, I realized that things can pretty much be divided into three categories - things you gotta do, things you should do, and things you want to do. With time taking on a new significance, I decided that I would continue to do the things I have to do, worry less about what I should do, and concentrate more on doing what I want to do. For me, blogging is another hobby that happens to mesh rather well with my stamping hobby. I like to write. It comes easy (and it should), even though I could use a good proofreader. Every once in a while, I'll reread a post and shudder . . . Spell Chek just isn't enough sometimes. That's my story for this evening. If I'm here, I've more than likely taken care of the "gotta do" stuff. There might be things I should do, but I've blown them off for something I want to do instead. Call it a right of passage.

No comments: