Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Something New . . . to Me

There's nothing wintry about this card. In fact, it's quite springy and was made with a set of "Clingables" by Impression Obsession - red rubber stamps mounted on a cushioned material that clings to acrylic blocks. I bought this set, a couple of Clingables sentiments and two acrylic sets on the half-price sale that Impression Obsession had last week. I'd never used cling-mount before, but at $4 for the set and $2 a piece for the sentiments, I didn't figure I could go wrong. It was a good opportunity to try them, and I'll have to say I like them. At first, because they aren't sticky, I didn't think they'd cling to anything. However, they adhere to the acrylic block very well, and using them is easy. In fact, with the same cushion that wood-mounted stamps have and the ability to see through the acrylic block, it's pretty much like having the best of both worlds. Thus, in the future, if there's a set of Clingables that I fall in love with, I won't hesitate to buy them. As for this card, I colored the image with a blending pen and ink from my ink pads. The cardstock colors are Lilac Mist, Spring Iris, and White Daisy. I love the soft colors.

Between the Stampin' Up and Impression Obsession orders that came yesterday and the CTMH order that arrived today, I've got plenty to entertain me for a few days. However, I won't have much time to play between now and the 29th. We're having Marv's family here for a Christmas celebration on Sunday. Christmas Eve will be quiet with the exception that we're hoping Santa Claus stops here sometime during the night. Dustin and Miranda and Cameron and the boys will be here on Christmas Day, and finally, I believe that my extended family is getting together on the 29th. It's a busy time and as the song goes, "the most wonderful time of the year." I hope you're feeling that way, too.

No comments: