Sunday, January 20, 2008

Drum Roll Please . . .

After a five or six-month hiatus, I finally did a scrapbook layout. I'm pretty darned proud of myself, too. The photos were taken on a hot July afternoon. The beginning of my journaling reads. "The best fun isn't always planned. Sometimes it just kind of happens." The layout is from Close To My Heart's Imagine book. It's the first time I've used it, making a few adjustments to the "Nice & Simple" layout to work with my photos. For all of the CTMH paper I've amassed in recent months, you would have thought I would have used it. Instead, I used a Stampin' Up Simply Scrappin' kit I received from my sister for my birthday. It was a nice kit with which to work. The patterned paper is heavier than most with patterns on both sides. All of the cardstock that came with the kit is textured. The kit also comes with six cardstock sticker sheets - two each of three different designs and more stickers than I'll ever use, even if I use the paper for two or three more layouts. The letters for the title were cut out with my Cricut using the Mickey Font. My letters are attached to my pages with repositionable adhesive from a Xyron Sticker Maker. Once you put them down, they stay stuck. It's sure nice being able to move them around, or like today, pull some of them off. Initially, I cut all the letters out of striped paper, backing the ones on the white background in orange and those on the orange background in blue. The striped letters on the white side looked a little sick so I removed them and replaced them with blue letters.

So, that's my layout, and while Creative Keepsakes isn't going to be banging on my door begging for more, I'm pleased with it and eager to do more. Heaven knows, I've got the photos . . . For now, I'm going to go clean up my mess. Later!

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

This is a great layout, Kathi! The boys do look so very happy.

I like the simple lines, with the focus on the pictures, the colors and the fun journaling.

Maricar said...

Congrats on the layout. Looks great!