Thursday, January 24, 2008

Easy Does It Tonight

It's easy does it for me tonight. I'm tired. Like planned, I went into work early but only after four or so hours of sleep. The sandman just didn't want to come around last night.

The mailman brought me a couple of new stamp sets today from My Favorite Things, You Take the Cake and Hot Stuff, both from the Who's That Girl? collection. The first time I saw these headless stamps, I didn't know quite what to make of them, but the more I saw them, the more their whimsy appealed to me. The birthday set purchase was practical. I needed one. As for the coffee/tea set, I'm a big fan of coffee (which may be the reason why I have to count so many sheep some nights).

My card is really simple. The image is stamped on Colonial White cardstock. The other colors are Autumn Terracotta, Outdoor Denim, Brown Bag for the cake, and of course Sunny Yellow and a touch of Orange for the flames on the candles. I colored her dress with a blending pen and the cake with markers. The flesh color on her arms was produced with a #850 Tombow that I've had for years and will replace when it runs out, because it's the best skin color I've come across. I used a little Liquid Applique to frost the cake and Prisma Glitter to make the flames sparkle. It was a 10 minute card, which is all I have the gumption for tonight. However, I'll say it again -I really like to use the textured cardstock for these easy ones. It makes for a card you want to touch, which in itself, makes it interesting. The Liquid Applique and Prisma Glitter on this particular card add more interest, and as simple as it is, I wouldn't hesitate to give it to just about anyone.

I'm going to sign off now and rest up for Friday . . . yeah! Have a good one!

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

This card is very nice! I'm with you about the headless cards and haven't quite gotten past that the way you have. :o)

Can you share what a #850 Tombow is? I've not heard of it. I assume a pen, but where would one find it? The color is awesome.

I like the simplicity and the little details on this card. Mannnnnnnnn I wanna get out to my room to create some stuff, but it'll have to wait until tomorrow at the earliest.