Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Got Stickease?

If you've got 10 minutes, a clear-top metal tin, a dozen Hershey Nuggets, some paper scraps, and left over stickers from a My Stickease packet, you've got more than enough time to put together a quick gift. The Nuggets are covered with 1 by 3-1/4 inch strips of patterned paper. To create the band, I attached a My Stickease border to a 1-inch strip of cardstock and trimmed it down to a length of 10 inches. The round sticker was mounted on a 1-1/2 inch circle and then a 2-inch scalloped circle. I don't think I'll ever get sick of these Nugget boxes (or Hershey Nuggets either, for that matter!). Everyone I've given one to has been so impressed. "You made this?" They were all chocoholics who don't know much about papercrafting.

Hey, Jeanne, I'm not too much for reality shows. I watched the first season of Survivor. I watched The Apprentice the year the guy with the British accent won (only because of the guy with the accent). I've caught a few episodes of Wife Swap. Last year, a local police officer and his jailer wife were on the show. I don't know why anyone would do that. The producers took a relatively normal couple and made them look quite abnormal - a lot to live down in a small community. With regard to The Bachelor, I've taken in the last two or so episodes during a couple of seasons. I reiterate, I don't know why anyone would do that. A broken heart is one thing. Setting yourself up for it is another . . . like dumb. I suppose Deal or No Deal is a game show rather than a reality show. I catch that one once in a while, amazed at how frequently greed takes precedence over common sense. Finally, I'll watch the last two or three episodes of American Idol, once the talent takes over. Besides, the young people at work seem to thrive on this stuff, and it's kind of nice to know what they're talking about . . .

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

Love the tin and the nuggets. I've wrapped nuggets before and I have gotten the same response. Where did you find the tin? Was it Just 4 Fun?

The two main shows I watch are Survivor (my kids call it the swim movie) and The Amazing Race (aka by my kids as the race movie). I've seen Super Nanny, some of Wife Swap and I do admit to liking those makeover shows (beauty or home). The others you mentioned have never appealed to me and even Survivor is losing its appeal. I tend to agree with your thinking of why would anyone put themselves out there for that kind of heartache!

Dee Jackson said...

very cute!
Dee