Friday, January 25, 2008

A Little Sketch to Kickoff the Weekend

This is a card based on the sketch Beate provided for the Weekend Sketch Challenge on her Fresh & Fun blog. It's the perfect sketch for my new Hot Stuff (My Favorite Things) stamp set and the Close To My Heart Good Times paper that the man in brown delivered today. I love the colors in this paper - Chocolate, Sweet Leaf, Twilight, and Buttercup. Because the focal point image in this "mini" set is relatively small, I layered it up on Chocolate, patterned paper, Sweet Leaf, and Chocolate again. The sentiment, stamped in Chocolate on Colonial White cardstock, is layered on Sweet Leaf and Twilight and mounted to the card with foam mounting tape (3M tape I purchase in a roll at a discount store). I outlined the sentiment with a My Legacy Writer - an old-time trick that I still use frequently. I paper pieced the mystery woman's dress, a little tricky when the image is so small. I colored her arms with a flesh-colored Tombow marker (#850) and her cup with a Sweet Leaf marker. I also added a little shadow to the image using a blending pen and Twilight ink. I used my Stampin' Up Photo Corner punch and three brown brads to create the corner element that completes my card.

I was glad to have the sketch to get me going tonight. I got several new CTMH stamp sets and some paper in my stamp club order today, and find, when I have several new things, that I'm kind of like a little kid at Christmas - delighted but nonetheless, wondering, "Where do I start?" The challenge provided me with the springboard that I needed to get going.

I don't have any specific plans for the weekend. I know we want to spend some time with the little guys, probably tomorrow evening and Sunday so that their daddy get some schoolwork done. The weather is supposed to be mild, so maybe we'll take the kids and go sledding on Sunday. I haven't been on a sled in years but believe I can still manage it. The only negative I can think of is the possibility of stiff legs from walking back up the hill . . . unless, that is, I can convince Grandpa to pull all of us. I'm sure I'll be spending some time in Kathi's Corner, too. Regardless of what's going on, I seem to manage to find my way there, at the very least, intermittently. With that, I think I'll wander over and take a look at those new stamps . . . Later!!

No comments: