Tuesday, January 15, 2008

A Sister Card

I'm early tonight. In fact, I haven't even changed my clothes from work yet. It's time, however, because as comfortable as the skirt I'm wearing is, the boots I've had on for 11 hours are starting to hurt my feet. As soon as I'm done with this post, I'm going to jump into a pair of flannel pants and a long-sleeved T-shirt and find my slippers.

I have another project in mind for tonight, too, which is how this card came about. Before I could start anything new, I had to put away what was on my desk from last night's stamping adventure. When I spotted last nights discarded flowers, I dumped the ugly one in the wastebasket and decided to make a card with the "good" one. I liked the Twilight flower last night. It just wasn't the perfect flower for that particular card. The other materials (Garden Green and Colonial White cardstocks, patterned paper from Floral Tapesty, and Twilight textured cardstock) are the same as last night's card, which is why I called it a "sister" card. It may just end up being a card for a sister, too. I have four of them. Like the cards, we share similarities but are all different. That's what makes having sisters fun.

Back to my card, Gay M. left me a nice message in my last post and asked about my scalloped circle. This one (and all of my scalloped circles) are cut with my Cricut using the Mini Monograms cartridge. It was a cartridge I purchased on ebay for less than $30, and while I have yet to cut a letter with this particular cartridge, I feel like I've gotten my money out of it in scalloped circles and squares. If I were to recommend a size for a scalloped circle punch it would be a 2 or 2-1/2 inch one, because those are the sizes I use most when cardmaking.

It's time to find those flannel pants and go back to Kathi's Corner for a while. Hubby has the first episode of American Idol on in the living room. While I rarely shut the door between us, I don't think I can take two hours of what I've heard so far. Marv is laughing. I'm not finding it funny and am going to opt for a Josh Groban CD. How much do you want to bet that through the closed door, my sweet husband will tell me to turn my CD player down? I'll let you know later . . .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thank you for your answer! I have looked at that cartridge and just not liked it-oh that has now changed as I see many card possibilites! Thanks
Gay

Jeanne said...

I too love that cartridge and use it often for the same purpose. :o)

Thanks for not giving up on that Twilight flower. It looks wonderful on this card.

Would you believe I have never, ever watched American Idol? Other reality shows, yes, but not this one.