Friday, February 1, 2008

A Challenge Card

Here's my card based on this week's Weekend Sketch Challenge on Beate's Fresh & Fun blog. As I've said before, it's fun to have a sketch to get the creative juices flowing before the weekend.

With a busy weekend ahead, I don't know how much stamping I'm going to get done. For certain, I won't be posting like a maniac. Tomorrow, we are traveling to Fargo, ND (about 120 miles) for our nephew's wedding, and Sunday, I have a shower to attend for the friend who adopted a little girl from Guatemala. While most of our family is spending the night in Fargo, we're coming home. My husband has developed an aversion to hotels it seems. In this particular instance, it's OK with me. We aren't party animals by any means, and the drive home will give us an excuse to leave at a reasonable hour. Besides, I don't have to drive. What I'm hoping is that we can get going early enough tomorrow for me to hit a couple of stores before the 6 p.m. wedding.

Oh, and I'm making another change to my posts. Instead of going through the play-by-play with regard to cardmaking, I'm going to list the products and materials I used at the end of the post. If I use a technique that's out of the norm, I will mention it along with, either the directions, or a link to the instructions. If anyone has a question about something I make, either leave a comment, which I will reply to, or email me. With that, I'm going back to my corner to see what I can come up with. Thanks for stopping, and have a great weekend!

Materials and Tools: Creative Basics Silhouettes Collection papers and ribbon, Colonial White and Desert Sand cardstocks, Desert Sand, Black, and Bamboo (distressing) stamp pads, CTMH Friendship's Garden stamp set, Papertrey Ink Mixed Messages stamp set, black mini brads, 1/2-inch circle punch, McGill Multi Tags punch, sanding block.

2 comments:

Maricar said...

Pretty card Kathi!
Have safe travels to Fargo.

Jeanne said...

I am impressed that you do Beate's challenges. Someday...I too will start participating...I really like what you created. :o)

Have a great weekend!