Friday, February 8, 2008

Friday Favorites

Scotch Mounting Tape is another discount store find, a product that I've been using for a very long time when I want to create a layering effect on my projects. The tape is 1-2-inch wide and comes on a 75-inch roll. Because it lasts so long, I don't recall what I pay for it. Besides, cost is not a factor in choosing this product over traditional pop dots or foam squares. I like it because it's thin - approximately 1/16th inch - and easy to use. I just cut what I need from the roll. If I want my card element to stand out more than a 16th of an inch, I layer two pieces of the double-sided tape together. The foam is dense, and the adhesive is strong, and my projects stay together regardless of how small a piece I use. A single roll lasts a long time even though this is a product frequently. The only thing I'm not certain about is if it is acid free, something I would check into before using it in my scrapbooks.

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

I own some of this stuff. It's great!

Just Me said...

I just started making cards and already had about 3 rolls of this... I use it for the exact same thing in my card making. I couldn't see paying for the other stuff when this works just as good!