Wednesday, February 13, 2008

It's All About LOVE Countdown - Day 13

This card is evidence that the Love thing has exhausted itself in Kathi's Corner. I should have known better. When it comes to stamping, I usually do what I want when I want to do it, so committing myself to a Love-themed card every day for two weeks was a major undertaking. If you have a Cricut and the Stamped cartridge, you can accomplish this card in less than five minutes. I was going to add a little bling but cut my "love" so big, there wasn't anywhere to put it. I'll save the Sparkles for Day 14.

Sweet Trivia: It sounds like the conversation hearts I mentioned on Day 1 have been around a while. In 1866, candy manufacturer NECCO made the first Conversation Hearts — then called "Motto Hearts." According to NECCO, eight billion of these little candies are sold between January 1 and February 14.

Also, more than 35 million heart-shaped boxes of chocolate will be sold for Valentine's Day. Did I post that one already? Oh well, we're talking chocolate, which merits a second mention.

Materials & Tools: White Daisy textured textured cardstock for card base; Cranberry and White Daisy cardstock; Cranberry ink pad; Adorable Backgrounds stamp set; Xyron.

No comments: