Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Something Fun

Last week (I think it was last week), I saw a number of cards made with the dahlia fold on several blogs and thought it looked like fun. Tonight, I finally got around to giving it a try. If you are interested, the directions are located here.

I think the colorful Paper Garden paper was perfect for my project. When it came to finishing the card, I tried on a lot of different colors and papers, finally deciding on Blush and Cocoa. While I haven't done a lot with paper folding techniques, I thoroughly enjoyed making this card and most likely will try it again.

Materials & Tools: Blush (textured), Cocoa, and Colonial White cardstocks, Paper Garden paper packet, Cocoa ink pad, Happy Birthday stamp set, Stampin' Up Chocolate Chip taffeta ribbon, Antiqued Copper mini brads, Circle Window Charms, 1-11/16 inch circle punch, Stampin' Up Ticket punch, Cricut w/Mini Monograms cartridge.

P.S. If you'd like to see another version of this card, check out Terri's awesome card on her fun My Frame of Mind blog. I love it!

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

I saw those cards, too and even searched for directions. Alas, you are quicker than I am in attempting the technique.

I think it looks terrific! :o) Although I must admit I have to take your word for it that the paper looks better in real life...

Stampin n da Hood said...

Dang it, Kathi!
Yours is poifect!
Mine didn't line up, so I had to add the "tag" to hide the blank areas!
Love yours!
(I won't be doing anymore...that's for sure!)