Tuesday, February 5, 2008

We Can't All Be Photogenic

I'm not photogenic, and neither is the new Paper Garden paper. When I saw it in CTMH's spring catalog, my initial reaction was that it was garish AKA butt ugly. Luckily, Close To My Heart deemed it a good marketing move to offer sample packs of all its new patterned papers to its consultants. It was smart. Seldom have I sold a paper packet that I haven't owned and occasionally, I've purchased paper that I didn't particularly like, because I thought my customers needed to see it. Usually, I ended up liking all of the paper I purchased once I saw it in person. The moral of the story is that a catalog, and sometimes a photograph, cannot do most paper justice.

My card would look prettier in the photo if the design, a mottled look, of the light colored background paper was more visible. You'll have to take my word for it on this one. It's nicer in person, and what took it from so-so to the next level was the Stickles I added to the dragonfly's wings. It's purdy . . .

Materials & Tools: Colonial White, Petal, and Sweet Leaf cardstocks, Paper Garden paper packet, Petal ink pad, Butterfly Kiss stamp set, Retired CTMH Speckled Background stamp, Antique Copper mini brad, Retired Smokey Plum organdy ribbon, Crystal Stickles, Sponge Dauber, Corner Rounder, Sanding Block, Edge Distresser Tool, Stampin' Up Slot punch (to slit the folded edge for my ribbon).

No comments: