Saturday, March 15, 2008

Early A.M. Prototyping

I didn't stamp, and I didn't clean house. I ate supper and promptly fell asleep. Thus, when normal people were going to bed, I was getting up from my evening nap. At least I've accomplished something, designing one of my club cards and getting the prep work (paper cut, etc.) done. The card I have done is a rose bouquet similar to the card that is pictured in my Friday Favorites post below. When we bend the stem of the rose, it will remind my club members of how they can manipulate their acrylic stamps.

For my second card, I wanted to use some kind of technique. For this top card, I did the tissue inking technique. I love butterflies stamped using this technique. However, I'm not wild about the card design - the butterfly is too soft/delicate for the bold paper - and besides, we've already done that particular technique.

Materials & Tools: Colonial White and Chocolate cardstock; Good Times paper packet; Chocolate, Buttercup, Twilight, and Sweet Leaf ink pads; Flutter and April Word Puzzle stamp sets; Cricut w/Mini Monograms cartridge.

With the desire to teach them something new, I decided to try the Baby Wipe technique. My first attempts were not successful, and it required a little research to find out why. It seems the baby wipes I was using (taken from the bulk bag) were too wet. After taking one from the box, where they'd had a chance to dry out a little, it worked like a charm. Wouldn't this make pretty background paper for a scrapbook page? The tissue-inked butterflies would be nice, too, although not as fast as those inked with a baby wipe ink pad. I kept the card design simple as not to detract from the lovely butterflies.

Materials & Tools: Colonial White and Chocolate cardstock; Chocolate and Sweet Leaf ink pads; Buttercup, Sweet Leaf, and Twilight reinkers; Flutter, April Word Puzzle, and Solo "H" stamp sets; Retired CTMH Speckled Background stamp; Baby wipes.

As soon as I get the chance, I will post tutorials for both the tissue inking and baby wipe techniques. I'm feeling pretty good about having two cards ready for my meeting on Sunday night. I think we will do something with the Angel Whispers set for our third card. That, however, is going to wait until tomorrow, as I am going back to bed, hopefully to fall asleep.

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

Remember your Friday Favorite this week? I wonder what would happen if you outlined the butterfly with a marker...maybe one of the colors in the bolder paper...to help it pop out more? Or stamp it again, add the marker, cut it out and pop dot it?

Just some thoughts that popped into my head as I looked at it. I really like the colors!

The second card is wonderful! Great and easy technique to share that packs a lot of punch.

Maricar said...

Patiently waiting for the baby wipes technique tutorial.