Saturday, March 15, 2008

From One End of the Spectrum to the Other

My cards are kind of representative of my mood(s) today. I've been up and down.

I'm not so sure about this first card. I think I've been looking at too many Papertrey Ink samples lately. I love the Alfresco stamp set but have never done anything with it that wasn't in antiquey (as in distressed) shades of brown and blue. I'm not to sure that I wouldn't like this card better, too, if it were distressed Colonial White, Blush, and Chocolate. What I'd never done before was used that medallion stamp as a background. I kind of like it. It reminds me of old-fashioned wallpaper.

Materials & Tools: White Daisy and Black Cardstock; Baby Pink and Black ink pads; Alfresco and Beloved Blossoms stamp sets; White mini brad; 3M foam mounting tape, 1-11/16th and 1-1/4 inch circle punches.

As stuffy as my first card is, my second is playful. This card was made with a template I found way back in February on the Taylored Expressions blog. For lack of something better, I ended up using retired gingham paper from CTMH. I really either need to find some polka dot paper in a variety of colors or purchase the Papertrey Ink Polka Dot Basics stamp set. Anyway, I like the bright, cheery card and can't think of a nicer sentiment than, "I thought of you today . . . and smiled."

Materials & Tools: White Daisy, Cranberry, and Topiary cardstock; Retired CTMH Cranberry Gingham paper; Cranberry ink pad; Topiary marker; Because of You stamp set; Circle Window Charm; and 1-11/16th and 1-1/4 circle punches.

Like I said my day was up and down, my moods swinging as if I still had hormones! I woke up at 6:30, which didn't sit well with the husband who wanted to sleep in. I wasn't crazy about that fact, because I wanted to get up and get something done early. When he did get up, he wanted me to make a grocery list so he could go shopping. He had a book about cholesterol-lowering diets in front of him and was rattling off a bunch of stuff at a wife who was not in the mood to try to become an overnight dietitian. I'm not saying he/we shouldn't be watching our diet, but if he had all the answers why was I making the list? Anyway, he went out and bought a bunch of "heart smart" food and then announced at dinner time tonight he was going out to get a pizza, which, unless it's a vegetable pizza with no cheese, is not on his list. Go figure. I cleaned today, too. Evidently, I'd left the vacuuming to Marv for quite some time, because we got a new vacuum cleaner several months ago, and I had to ask him how to turn it on. The switch is in a dumb place. The "up" part of the day was Bjorn and Mathias who are with us until tomorrow morning some time. By the time their mother brought them over, I was done with my domestic stuff, so I had the rest of the afternoon to play. We had fun and plenty of giggles.

Tomorrow is another day and the day before our trip to see the cardiologist Monday. I think we're both a little apprehensive, which has got to be what all the moodiness is all about. My daily rundown done, I'm going to straighten up Kathi's Corner and go see if Mathias will make room for "Gamma" in my bed. Thanks for stopping. I'll catch you tomorrow.

4 comments:

Lisa Stenz said...

Oooo, Love 'em!! I never thought about using pink with that stamp set, but it looks beautiful. I just may have to case another one of your cards Kathi!

I also love the flower card. I have that same template saved in my templates folder and have never used it. I may have to print it out and try a card with it now. Your flower just makes me happy! *Ü*

Maricar said...

I absolutely love the flower card. That just made me smile.

And, I had to chuckle when I read about Marv's new diet. Chris just informed me that he is starting PX90 (have you seen the infomercials about it?) on Monday - so he won't be eating what I cook from now on. Ok. Well, so I said, what if we all change our diet. "Umm, hon, you won't like what I'll be eating." I guess that means he's not using butter and eating bacon, eh?

Sending good wishes your way for Marv's doctor's appointment!

Jeanne said...

Great cards, Kathi! The medallion looks very nice as a background stamp.

Love the brightness and the shape of the flower card.

I see more inkspiration here!

Good luck with Marv's appointment. How typical that little scene you described!!!

(and yes, I picked up several bottles of Stickles) :o)

Sandra said...

I too saw this on Taylor's website just haven't had time to make a card. So Cute!!!