Monday, March 3, 2008

Inkspired

A couple of weeks ago I saw this card on the Pickled Paper Designs blog. I thought it was a neat card but didn't have a little bird . . . until today! It turned out, however, that my bird wasn't little enough to put a trio on my card and create the look I wanted, so I settled for one. I also figured out a way to add the sentiment, as I cannot wait to hear the birds singing again! The bird and sentiment are part of the very fun and versatile 24-piece April Word Puzzle set. I used the stamp rolling technique for my bird, inking up my stamp first with Twilight and then rolling the edges on my Cocoa ink pad. I also distressed the edges of the Colonial White piece lightly with Bamboo ink. Other than that, making my card was nothing more than assembling the pieces.

Materials & Tools: Colonial White, Cocoa, and Desert Sand cardstock; Simple Pleasures paper packet; Twilight, Cocoa, and Bamboo ink pads; April Word Puzzle stamp set; Twilight Designer Ribbon Rounds Collection; 3M foam mounting tape.

As much as I would like to stamp some more, I have "real life" stuff to do. I learned today that my former father-in-law passed away on Saturday, and I want to write a letter to his wife. I married my high school sweetheart at the age of 18. We were married for four years, and for more years than that his parents were like my parents. They are good people, and even though there's been little contact in more than 30 years, I remember and appreciate the fact that my life was enriched in Jerry having been part of it. I also brought work home with me, something I rarely do. However, deadlines are deadlines, and I've got a job to do. There are some other things going on this week that might cramp my style, too. My husband is scheduled for a stress test on Wednesday, and if all goes well, surgery on Thursday. It's nothing major but rather an out-patient surgery on the tendon in his wrist. I have no clue what will be involved with regard to recovery, however. He may require some well-deserved TLC, and the spoiled queen that I am, I may just have to take care of myself and the home front for a few days! Time will tell, although I cannot imagine a week where I won't get in a little time for stamping . . . even if it's during the wee hours. With that, thanks for stopping. I'll be back soon.

2 comments:

Maricar said...

I'm sorry about the passing of Jerry, but my heart was warmed to hear how he touched your life. I think the letter to his wife would be a sweet sweet thing.

I hope your husband's stress test goes well, so that the surgery will proceed as scheduled.

And, I hope you get the work done that you brought home tonight.

Julie said...

Hi Kathi, thanks for stopping by my blog, love your little bird card, I'm sure I'll be stopping by again