Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Saved by the Sketch

Guess who fell asleep with Mr. Mathias? That was only after his evening tirade, however. A couple weeks from turning three and extremely independent, this miniature person has gone from being the sweetest little guy to a terror at bedtime. He doesn't like my bed, my pillows, the pictures on the wall and goes so far as to say, "I don't wike you either, Gamma!" He sounds like an auctioneer as he goes through the list of all he doesn't "wike." It's all rather humorous, although I don't let him know it. Eventually, he gives in, says his prayers, and gives me a great big hug and a sweet kiss. Tonight, we both fell asleep. Hopefully, he'll sleep through the night and I'll be sleeping again soon.

With my mind going in so many directions, I didn't know what I was going to stamp tonight until I came across a few cards in the blogosphere made using a Splitcoast Stampers Sketch Challenge. As you can see, I didn't "stamp" much after choosing to use scraps from Stampin' Up's Creative License scrapbook kit. With a more subdued paper choice, the stamping could have been a little more elaborate, but as it is, the "Happy Birthday" sentiment was all it needed. With regard to the corner accents, they are some snaps that were in the drawer that are not supposed to be concave. Obviously, I used the wrong Crop-O-Dile setting. Once the first one caved, there was nothing to do but leave the setting alone and hope the others would do the same thing.

Materials & Tools: White Daisy cardstock; Stampin' Up Creative License scrapbook kit (retired?); Orange ink pad; Orange snaps of unknown origin; Stampin' Up Spiral punch.

Tomorrow is the big day. I'm trying to figure out what to wear, not because I'm wanting to look great but rather what I think I'll want to sleep in tomorrow night. If they keep Marv overnight, I'm relatively certain I'll stay with him. I think I spotted a recliner or two in the family room for coronary patients. Being one who can sleep on a tile floor, I'm not overly concerned about comfort, although unlike Mathias, I do like my bed and my pillows. I know Marv's in for a few uncomfortable hours, as I'm told one has to lie flat for several hours after the procedure. Having spent the day with his grandsons, he was happier this evening. I think he's just anxious to get tomorrow over with, so he can get what hurts - his wrist - fixed.

I won't be posting tomorrow, giving Herman (my computer's given name) a rest. It's my plan to be back Friday with my Friday Favorites post and a card or two. I'll tell you all about it then. In the interim, have a good Thursday!

5 comments:

Lisa Stenz said...

Super cute card Kathi!! Love those SU! papers.

I hope all goes well tomorrow. I'll say a prayer for both of you! *Ü*

Missy Hep said...

As Always!! You two will be in our thoughts and prayers today!!!! See you Friday!!!

Jeanne said...

What a fun card, Kathi! Your episode with the crop-a-dile sounds like something I would do, as well. :o)

Will be thinking of you both today! I'm hoping you get GOOD NEWS and that you don't have to stay the night.

Lots of HUGS!!!

Maricar said...

Love the card and how you used the SU punch. (I just got that one -- see, I am stalking your purchases. Hah!)

I'll be thinking of you and Marv today. I hope all goes as well as it can.

Kariberry said...

Thinking of you and praying all went well today.