Thursday, April 10, 2008

Bright . . .

I have seen so many unbelievable cards recently that I'm almost hesitant to post my simple offering. A desire to play around with my waterbrush again is what motivated this card. I used watercolor paper from a tablet I picked up at Wal-Mart. It's not as heavy as other watercolor paper I've used, but it worked OK and flattened out nicely for mounting to the card.

Materials & Tools: White Daisy, Black, and Honey cardstock; Watercolor paper from Wal-Mart; Black Archival, Brown Bag, Chocolate, Honey, Sunflower, Garden Green, and Twilight ink pads; Stampin' Up Blooming with Love and Impression Obsession Sentiments I stamp sets; Black mini brads; Medium waterbrush; Cuttlebug w/Swiss Dots embossing folder; and Stampin' Up Word Window punch.

It's Friday already tomorrow. I have no complaints. Yesterday was "one of those days." I would have stamped had it not been for the fact that everything else I touched had gone haywire, and I feared additional frustration. Today was a perfectly fine day made better by the fact that it was payday! Tomorrow is not only Friday, but Mathias' third birthday. He and Bjorn are staying with us tonight, so Grandma and Grandpa will be the first to wish him a Happy Birthday - a privilege in my book.

Thanks for stopping. With nothing on the calendar for tomorrow evening or Saturday, I'm looking forward to some serious stamping. I'll talk to you again then!

3 comments:

Barb said...

VERY nice, Kathi. We were thinking alike today...I posted a simple card on my blog, which was inspired by YOU, using the Swiss Dots folder! Love yours! TFS!
Be Blessed!-Barb.

Jeanne said...

While I know what you mean, I hope you don't feel hesitant to post EVER, because what you create is simply wonderful. Simple is so effective and I truly believe that it is harder to decide what to leave OUT than to decide what to ADD sometimes.

This card may be simple, but it is beautiful and impactful for all it's "simplicity."

Happy Birthday hugs to Mathias!

Maricar said...

Kathi,
You are such a good grandma and I love how you see being with Bjorn and Mathias as a gift, a blessing, a special moment.

I agree with Barb and Jeanne. Your card may be simple, but it totally does not lack any "oomph". It's a great card.