Sunday, April 13, 2008

Inkspired by Jeanne

When I went to see what my friend, Jeanne, had been up to yesterday, I was blown away by all of her cards, particularly this one. Her inkspiration was derived from this card. I love how a single card can start a chain reaction of creativity, each of us taking an idea and doing our own thing with it.

Making the card did present its challenges. Like Jeanne, I didn't have the right butterflies. I tried butterflies from a couple of different sets, but neither was a "go." I ended up following Jeanne's lead and opted to use the medallion from the Goodness of Life set as well. As for the accents across the bottom of the card, I punched four sets of circles. I tried using little punched brown flowers first. I went so far as to attach them to the card and give them white brad centers before removing them. Now, my card front had holes in it where the brads had been. I tried a couple of other things, which ended up being either too much or not enough. Finally, I gave that medallion stamp one more look, and that's what I used. Now that I look at it, a pretty piece of white taffeta ribbon between the pierced stitching would have looked nice and covered up my brad holes, too! One more thing, the scalloped strip at the bottom of the card was created with Stampin' Up's Slot punch. After much trial and error, I'm happy with the results and have to thank Jeanne for the inkspiration!

Materials & Tools: White Daisy, Chocolate, and Heavenly Blue cardstock; Chocolate and Bamboo Ink pads; Heavenly Blue marker; Goodness of Life and Papertrey Ink Mixed Messages stamp sets; Acrylic discs from Michaels; Circle punches; Stampin' Up Slot punch; Piercing tool; Stampin' Up Piercing Mat & Guide; Liquid Glass.

With places to go and people to see, I've got to go for now. Thanks for stopping. I'll most likely check back later.

3 comments:

Jeanne said...

Kathi, I LOVE your version of the card I'd posted! I thought about filling in the medallion on mine, but didn't. It looks super colored in.

Thanks for the shout out and for sharing how you were inspired! I love the chain of creativity as well!

Unknown said...

Kathi, I know you love the acrylic discs from Michaels. I went looking for them and found them in the CLEARANCE section! They were only 2.00. Wanted to let you know in case they don't carry them anymore-get to Michaels!

Maricar said...

I love the colors you picked.