Sunday, April 27, 2008

Just Because

Here's a "coloring book" card. I've been seeing some three panel cards with raised center images this week and thought this large image might be a good candidate. Of course, the photo doesn't show that the center panel and bunny pair are raised. Instead, it appears that the whole thing is rather uneven, which I can assure you, it is not. What I did was stamp the image and color it with ink pads and a blending pen and then cut 1-1/2 inch panels from each side. That was much easier than measuring, and besides, it didn't matter that the center panel was different so long as the side panels were the same width. Although only a little of the embossing on the background piece shows, I think it adds a little something nonetheless.

Materials & Tools: White Daisy and Garden Green cardstock; Black, Grey Wool, Twilight, Sunny Yellow, Sunflower, Lilac Mist, Olive, Garden Green, Autumn Terracotta, Brown Bag, Carnation Pink, and Amethyst ink pads; Impression Obsession Clingables Garden Fence and Papertrey Ink Mixed Messages stamp sets; Dove blending pen; Cuttlebug w/Swiss Dots embossing folder.

I didn't have any more silly dreams last night (that I remember, anyway), so I woke up feeling refreshed this morning. The sun is shining, which will melt the snow regardless of the cooler temperatures. Mathias and Bjorn are going to spend the night with us and all day tomorrow with Grandpa, so I need to check the refrigerator and pantry to make certain that they are well stocked with "kid-friendly" food. If I need to make a trip to the grocery store, I'll probably stop at Wal-Mart, too, for no reason other than to wander around. My trips there are usually with a list, and I don't spend much time just looking around. After a day of "power stamping," Kathi's Corner is to the point where I have to leap into my chair again, which means I need to clean it up. Using something and then putting it away just doesn't seem to fit into my stamping style.

3 comments:

Kariberry said...

Kathi that is a beautiful card! It looks like it would be sooo much fun to color. LOL I can't keep up with all your cards. They are all awesome. I should be creating. But went shopping with the family today.

Jeanne said...

Showing off your coloring talent today! LOVE it! Wish I could copy that talent. LOL

Hope you had fun with the boys and enjoyed any trips to wander around...

Stampin n da Hood said...

Beautiful coloring!
Love the "window-like" technique, too!