Thursday, April 17, 2008

Storage Tip

As I can't stamp tonight, I'll share an idea I came across recently for Nestabilities storage. It was one of many ideas I see and then say to myself, "Hey, why didn't I think of that?" Last weekend I went to Wal-Mart and picked up a stack of empty CD cases to store my Nestabilities. I left them on the cardboard backing, cutting it down to fit in the case. The idea I found was to add magnetic strips, which is much easier and more pleasant that prying them off the double-faced tape that they're stuck to in their original packaging. I don't know about you, but with me, the more accessible and easier something is to use the more it gets used. While I could have cut cardstock to fit and put the magnetic tape on it, I opted to peal the double-faced tape off the original backing and use that. For me, practical is more important than pretty when it comes to storage, particularly if the item being stored isn't in plain view.

When I said, I couldn't stamp tonight, it wasn't for a lack of trying. I made one ugly card that, with the exception of a salvageable background piece, is in the wastebasket. I have been in a funk since shortly after arriving home from work and should have known better than to try to make something. As for my blue mood, I'm pretty much over it. It was a beautiful day today. It's Friday tomorrow. All is good. With that, I'll say goodnight with a promise of a card or two and my Friday Favorite post tomorrow night. In the interim, have a good one!

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

Sorry to hear you had problems stamping. I didn't post because I was in the middle of backing up all my digi stuff! Whew...I have a lot of STUFF...

I'm trying the CD storage too, although I have found I should only store one set in one case as the set on the flap you move keeps falling off.

Looking forward to your next inspiration!