Tuesday, May 27, 2008

And I'm Sticking to It . . .

OK, here's my story. At approximately 9:15 on Friday evening, I placed an order for some stamps I'd been eyeballing for quite some time. Actually, "quite some time" probably isn't the right phrase even though it felt that way. The stamps were only released on the 16th. The reason it felt like forever is because I visited the website at least 25 times before taking the plunge. I also checked out the Verve Visual blog and of course, it was the pre-release samples I saw on a number of blogs that drew me in to begin with. Nevertheless, it took me a while, and this transaction was anything but impulse shopping. Back to Friday night, the confirmation of my purchase, along with the Paypal receipt, arrived in my Inbox at 9:27 p.m. It's a holiday weekend, right? Imagine my surprise when the mailman showed up with them today! I couldn't believe it. Not only was the service from Verve Visual outstanding, but a Priority envelope from Idaho is not something I would have expected that fast, so it's thumbs up for the USPS, too. As for what arrived today, I might as well tell you it was the May Flowers Pack, which offered a little discount and free shipping. What to order had been part of my decision dilemma before I deemed that every stamp in all four sets fit my stamping style and would be one that I would use again and again. Thus, once I get my mojo back (I feeling a little flat tonight), I will be playing with these new stamps.

As for my first card, it was pretty much a quickie that will have to do for tonight.

Materials & Tools: White Daisy and Buttercup cardstock; Boom-Di-Ada Creative Basics Collection; Garden Green, Hollyhock, and Buttercup ink pads; Verve Visual Petals & Stems stamp set; White organdy ribbon; White Daisy and Buttercup Bigger Brads.

I will try to keep my storytelling short for the remainder of the week. As for the enabling factor, I should probably put up some kind of disclaimer in my sidebar like the off-sales and bars have. Instead of encouraging responsible drinking, I'll promote conscientious stamp purchases. LOL. For tonight, I'm off to Wal-Mart with a shopping list. I put it off all weekend but have no choice tonight. The rest of the day was a typical Monday, only on Tuesday. It was just a little harder trying to figure out where I'd left off on Friday. The fact that it's a short workweek will evoke no complaint from me. Finally, thanks for stopping by my corner of the blogosphere. I'll catch you again tomorrow.

4 comments:

Trinka said...

Very pretty card!

Jeanne said...

I am SO envious that you splurged and got these stamps. We travel the same circles in the blogsophere and I'll bet I've seen the same projects as you have, also making me wish I had the stamps. How fantastic that you got the stamps so quickly!

The card looks fantastic and I hope you don't give up sharing your wit and wisdom along with your projects...it's part of why I love your work so much!!!

Unknown said...

OMG, where have I been? To be honest, I've never heard of Verve until I read your post (which, by the way, I love your artwork & style!).

So, I found myself over at their site and unlike you it only took me 1 visit to buy May flowers pack and I think I got the last one since it now says it's sold out)!

Thanks for the inspiration and for sharing!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Such a pretty card! And hooray for your stamps arriving so quickly! I hate the waiting when I order stamps, so I try to ship as quickly as possible. Hope you have tons of stamping fun with your new sets.