Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Cottage Floral

Here's a fun card made with stamps and papers from Close To My Heart's new summer Idea Book. My card was inspired by a wonderful assortment of cards and a scrapbook layout featured recently on Lisa's Creative Corner blog.

Materials & Tools: Colonial White and Hollyhock cardstock; Boom-Di-Ada paper packet; Buttercup, Hollyhock, and Barn Red ink pads; Cottage Floral and Say it in Style May Stamp of the Month stamp sets; Antiqued Copper mini brads; Corner rounder; Sponge dauber; 3M foam mounting tape.

I stamped and cut out a stack of flower elements, so unless I get sidetracked, you can expect to see a few more cards made with this set in coming days. I also accepted a large card order, which includes several Mother's Day cards, which I'm going to have to get hopping on tomorrow evening.

It was a beautiful day today. I don't know how warm it was, but it was mild with no wind - a real treat these days. As you know, I'm usually quite talkative. The last few days, however, my brain has been on overload, and I'm finding myself without much to say. Heck, you're probably relieved!! Growing weary of my funk, I'm hoping to make the decisions I need to make soon, and get on with it.

I'm glad you stopped by. I hope in doing so you found a little inspiration. Take care.

6 comments:

Stampin n da Hood said...

oh good grief! you cut all those elements out?
FABulous!

Unknown said...

I LOVE IT.... can you hear me SHOUTING...I LOVE IT!

Maricar said...

Kathi,
I love all the little details that make the card so awesome!

[BTW, thanks for all the nice comments on my blog. I'm glad you stopped by!]

Leslie said...

Beautiful! I am really liking the Boom-Di-Ada paper pack.

Jeanne said...

Oh MY GOODNESS!!!! This card is making me feel a little bit sad that I am no longer a consultant....BEAUTIFUL! Lisa's cards are as well.

You just keep inspiring and inspiring and inspiring...hope you are feel less bluesy soon!

Anonymous said...

Lovely card... love the colours