Sunday, May 18, 2008

Hmmm . . .

This card was going to be something else - the Silhouette Blooms I stamped on the right side of a 4 by 5-1/4 inch piece of patterned paper and mounted on black cardstock - kind of like the card I made with the Essence of Love set the other night. Well, I messed up, and I'm starting to think after a couple of cards that creating a silhouette look that looks good is more difficult than watercoloring with these stamps. I cut off my boo-boo and tossed it and tried again with the paper that was left. The card I ended up with is a lot busier than what I'd intended, and I had to photograph it before I was able to determine that what I ended up with is something I like.

Materials & Tools: White Daisy, Black, and Desert Sand cardstock; 7 Gypsies "Sushi" variety pack; Black ink pad; Cornish Heritage Farms Silhouette Blooms I and CTMH Say it in Style May SOTM stamp sets; Bitty Brads; Cuttlebug w/Birds & Swirls embossing folder; Sanding block.

This may or may not be it for me for today. I'm going to go play with the little boys for a while. My stamp club meets tonight. As tomorrow is Monday (bummer), I suppose I'd best try to get to bed at a decent time. If I don't pop back later, have a good week! As always, thank you for stopping by!!

2 comments:

Missy Hep said...

I LOVE it!!!!! Just ordered the Endless Love stamp set!!! Great Job!!!

Jeanne said...

This is nice. I love the embossing and the sanding. Punching just one corner with the rounder is a great idea. Love those flowers in black against the Desert Sand. Oooohhhh this just popped into my head...I like the pattern paper a lot, but it draws my eye much more than the stamp. What if you layered it with some vellum and stamped the image on the vellum...?