Saturday, May 3, 2008

A Hoot . . .

I finally made it back to my corner for one more card before bedtime. Because the stamps were out and convenient, I decided to make a birthday card with the cute owl set. Because my Prismacolor pencils were not out and convenient, I colored the owl with markers. He turned out just fine. It's got to be his eyes. I love his silly expression.

Materials & Tools: White Daisy, Clover Meadow, Hydrangea, Sunny Yellow, and Chocolate Cardstock; Cocoa, Clover Meadow, and Black ink pads; Brown Bag, Bamboo, Goldrush, Sunny Yellow, and Hydrangea markers; Cornish Heritage Farms U R A Hoot stamp set; Just Blooms Summer Posies; Hydrangea Bigger Brads; Cuttlebug w/Swiss Dots embossing folder; Piercing Tool; Stampin' Up Piercing Guide and Mat; Edge Distressor tool.

After several hours of playing with the little guys, I'm all tuckered out. The Power Rangers, Diego truck, and cupcakes were hits. It was an official "party." I also picked up a Superman Memory Game and discovered I'm not any sharper now than I was 25 or more years ago when I played it with their daddy and uncle. I still get whooped by a three-year-old. I determined years ago that kids clean up on adults with that game, because they are so much more focused. They aren't thinking about a 100 different things at once. I'd feel bad with the exception that I've watched "Are You Smarter than a Fifth Grader?" enough times to know that I am smarter than a 10-year-old.

With that assurance, I'll sleep tonight. I'm hoping for a little time in my corner tomorrow. We'll see what the day brings. I hope your Sunday is a good one. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: