Monday, May 19, 2008

It's All About the Paper

I have discovered in my paper quest that in every variety pack is a pattern or two about which I ask myself, "What in the heck am I going to do with that?" Such was the case with a couple of diagonal striped patterns in a K&Company paper stack. It's not that I don't like the paper. I just didn't have a vision for it until I saw this card on the Oodabug Alley blog. Because the K&Company paper is textured, I used CTMH's textured cardstock, including Bamboo from the new Basic collection. I was so glad when CTMH added these colors (Bamboo, Desert Sand, Black, Chocolate, Cocoa, and Colonial White) to its textured paper line.

Materials & Tools: Colonial White cardstock; Bamboo, Sweet Leaf, Twilight, and Chocolate textured cardstock; K&Company Amy Butler Designer Mat Pad; Chocolate, Carnation Pink, Twilight, and Sweet Leaf ink pads; My Favorite Things Hot Stuff stamp set; Twill ribbon from the Ribbon Rounds White Daisy Collection; Cuttlebug w/Nestabilities Classic Circles set.

Today was Monday. What a profound statement! Then again, what's there to say about Monday? I did realize today that next Monday is a holiday. Yippee! I'm all about three-day weekends!

Marv (who didn't make me shut the door tonight as I blogged) just said, "Let's go to the Dairy Queen!" "It's cold outside," was my reply. His "OK" sounded a little dejected and now he's pouting, so I 'spose I should give in. Besides, cold or not, I could go for a Heath Blizzard.

Have a good day tomorrow. I'll catch you then!

3 comments:

Jeanne said...

I'm so glad to see you've figured out what to do with the paper because then I don't have to avoid it like the plague. LOL

Amy has Friday, Monday and Tuesday off from school, then has to finish out next week and go 3 days the following week before her vacation starts. Talk about giving them a taste of vacation and ripping it away. ha, ha

Have you tried Breyer's Heath ice-cream? Oh my, it's full of Heath goodness. Cold or not, I'd not turn down a Heath anything!

Hopefully your Tuesday is a bit more than Monday!

Sylvia said...

I love the card. I have some stripped paper like that. Don't have those stamps but I can probably figure out something.

Tomorrow we will see our granddaughter. Haven't seen her since Christmas of 2006. Thank goodness for instant messenger.

Shan said...

Kathi, I've been a lurker for many months but I just want to let you know that you have an amazing talent and a warm spirit about you that when I visit your webpage, it's like visiting a friend. I love your cards. I'm a terrible card maker so I love seeing yours. Thanks for sharing.
~Shannon
A fellow Ctmh sister