Sunday, May 18, 2008

A Sheltering Tree


If there's one thing in this apartment that is organized, it's my stamp sets. My CTMH sets are sorted according to type (using its color-coding system) and alphabetized. My non-CTMH stamps occupy one box, and while they're not organized quite so systematically, they are all in the same place . . . or so I thought. One set is missing, the one I was going to use to stamp the focal point image for this card. I looked and looked but didn't find it and ended up opting for my Build-a-Tree set instead.

Materials & Tools: White Daisy cardstock; White Daisy and Twilight textured cardstock; Stampin' Up Porcelain Prints Designer Series paper; Chocolate, Cocoa, Garden Green, and Twilight ink pads; Impression Obsession Build-a-Tree stamp set; White organdy ribbon; Bitty Brads; Stampin' Up Ticket punch; 3M foam mounting tape.

I don't know how much stamping is going to be happening this week, as the loss of that stamp set has convinced me it's time to reorganize. It goes beyond the room where I stamp, too. There are far too many stacks of "stuff" in this apartment, closets one hesitates to open for fear of an avalanche, etc. It's spring cleaning time. While I might not be crazy about the process, I know I'll appreciate the results. My motto for the week: Just Do It!

I hope your day is a good one. Thanks for stopping.

1 comment:

Maricar said...

Good luck with the cleaning venture. I tell myself that if I would just take the time to clean what is supposed to be the craft room (but what has become the toss-it-in-there room), I would be more inclined to create.

But, the weather has been so nice lately, that I would rather be working in the garden or sitting outside simply watching the kids play.

Alas, I hope your cleaning ventures are more productive than mine. Your creative ventures surely are!