Sunday, June 1, 2008

For Him

I'd say that I'm making masculine cards, because it's Father's Day in a couple of weeks when in reality, I'm just going to try to make more cards for guys more often. Kids, too! This card would work for either Father's Day or a birthday, depending on what I stamp on the inside. My less than great stamped image is due to the fact that my Cocoa stamp pad is in desparate need of a drink. Reinkers are on the way! I figured I could get by using this image because of the distressing and resulting antique look. As for the awesome plaid paper, it's from the new Sarsaparilla paper packet. I'm a fan of stripes and plaids so this particular pattern is right up my alley. The colors are wonderful.

Materials & Tools: Colonial White, Cocoa, Barn Red, and Desert Sand cardstock; Sarsaparilla paper packet; Vintage Father's Day stamp set; Antiqued copper photo turns and brads; Cocoa grosgrain ribbon; Cuttlebug w/Diamonds in the Rough embossing folder; Sanding block.

The blogosphere has been quiet the past couple of days. It's summer . . . well, almost. I'm sure people are spending more time outdoors on the weekends than they are in front of their computers. It makes sense. I spent a fair amount of time outdoors myself today. First, Bjorn, Mathias, and I went on a frog hunt. We didn't find any but there certainly was a lot of discussion about everything else we saw in the swampy ditch. Later, we hopped like frogs, but Grandma was only good for about five hops before she told the boys they could be frogs and she'd be a turtle. That was much easier on my stiff old legs. We started a rock collection, played hide and seek, and more. The evening ended with a picnic with sandwiches from Subway. I will sleep like a rock tonight. The boys' mother asked if we'd keep them tomorrow night and Tuesday for her, so I guess I'm not going to get the chance to miss them too much!

That's it for tonight. Thanks for stopping. I'll be back in upcoming days with more of the cards I made last night and this morning. Have a wonderful week!

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

You are on a roll, my friend! Love the plaid paper and the use of the embossing folder for added interest.

Sounds like you have had a terrific weekend! Ours was great, too. We went to Sweet Tomatoes tonight (salad bar/buffet-Amy's favorite) for dinner then went for a bike ride when we got home.

Oh yes, I was able to play in my craft room today....(in a sing-song voice) LOL