Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Sometimes . . .

I think I should take up a new hobby. Holy smokes! I'm sure it is hard to believe that my wastebasket is half full over a card as simple as this one. That is because this is not the card I envisioned. But . . . when nearly everything thing you attempt goes haywire, you grab your Swiss Dots embossing folder in a last ditch effort to try to salvage something from your futile attempts at cardmaking. Luckily, I don't have many occasions such as this. Oh, there are times when I'm missing my mojo, but rarely are there instances when I drop everything that's "droppable," spill everything that's "spillable," tear everything that's "tearable," etc. Getting the picture?

So, I've had my rant now. I'm OK. Isn't this a cute little stamp set? It's one I tossed into an online shopping cart last week. It's one of several little "Sparkle Clear" sets from Hero Arts. It appealed to me first because it is an image that I can color, secondly because I knew I'd use it, and lastly, because it was only six bucks. (Only once in a while do I shop online the way I do at Walmart - a good thing.) Anyway, this is the card I ended up with for tonight. In fact, I don't think I dare go back to my corner to as much as clean up my mess for fear I'd cause another catastrophe.

Materials & Tools: White Daisy and Olive cardstock; Black, Olive, Grey Wool ink pads; Holiday Red marker; Hero Arts Sparkle Clear Bunches of Thanks stamp set; Garden Green brads; Dove blending pen; Cuttlebug w/Swiss Dots embossing folder and Nestabilities Classic Circles set.

It was only the stamping that wasn't so hot today. The rest of the day was super! Your comments have been great, too, which is the reason I wanted to make a thank you card tonight. Between all of the wonderful wishes for Dustin and Miranda and the responses I've received in my quest for a cupcake box, I have a heart full of gratitude. I've even got a template from awesome Kristine, who is obviously a paper engineer in the truest sense of the word. Thank you, Kristine!! When I get something put together, I will share it. Tomorrow night, I'll be showing you some colored butterflies. My intentions were to do that tonight, but the way things were going in my corner, I didn't dare . . . With something to look forward to tomorrow, I'll sign off for tonight. Thanks for stopping. May yours be a wonderful Wednesday!

5 comments:

Vicki said...

I look at a lot of card/scrapbook blogs during the day and when I run across something that catches my eye I paste it into a word document and print them out so I have it on hand when I need an idea. I just took your "Bunches of Thanks" card and pasted it and looked at the rest on the page and because you mark yours I realized I have several of your cards marked so I must really like your ideas so I just wanted to say, Thanks for sharing your talent.

Jeanne said...

You'd better NOT find a new hobby! I'm sorry to hear of your frustrating attempts at crafting today, but your final card is just wonderful! That set it so sweet!

I am really looking forward to seeing how you color.

Hope today is super for you.

Kristine said...

You're very welcom Kathi -- I hope it works for you. I am dying to see what you make with it!

I have changed it up a bit if you want to see what I came up with let me know. I kind of envisioned a scalloped top on the box! It might be a bit tedious to cut by hand, but if you have a border punch, that would probably work. I plan on trying this myself too!

Sylvia said...

I had a similiar experience last night making a card for my son and daughter in law who live in Colorado. I had an idea to make a card with snow capped mountains. I used the mountain stamp from Raccoons and Fiends. When I went to use the liquid embroidery it was dried up. Then I used Fun Flock and the brown was too dark and mountains didn't show. I ended uo using Desert Sand for the mountains. I took me an hour to make the card. I posted it on my blog and if I don't say so myself it turned out neat. My blog is http//Sylvia-My little corner of the world.

Kariberry said...

I love this card! Stamp set is adorable!