Sunday, July 27, 2008

Good Morning!

Here are a couple more cards made with the Blossoms & Butterflies set. I don't think I'll ever tire of this set. It has so many possibilities, and I think it will go a long ways in satisfying my frequent desire to "color." For this first card, I used a blending pen and color from my ink pads. I also speckled the background of the focal point image and sentiment with Bamboo ink.

Materials & Tools: Colonial White and Indian Corn Blue cardstock; Desert Sand textured cardstock; Black, Chocolate, Garden Green, New England Ivy, Indian Corn Blue, Sunflower, and Bamboo ink pads; Whipper Snapper Designs Blossoms & Butterflies and Blooming Expressions stamp sets; CTMH Speckled Background stamp; Ribbon from Michael's; Dove blending pen; Corner rounder; 3M foam mounting tape.

I've said it before. I don't really know my flowers. That said, I took the flower on this next card to be a poppy. I used the waterbrush on this one, filling in the poppy with Orange and then some Holiday Red. This one was speckled, too, and I went around the edges of focal point image and sentiment with a sponge dauber using Bamboo ink. You'll also note that I used an embossing folder that is not Swiss Dots. LOL.

Materials & Tools: Colonial White, Bamboo, and Black cardstock; Black, Orange, Holiday Red, New England Ivy, Sunflower, and Bamboo ink pads; Whipper Snapper Designs Blossoms & Butterflies and Blooming Expressions stamp sets; CTMH Speckled Background stamp; Ribbon from reasonableribbon.com; Waterbrush; Cuttlebug w/Diamonds in the Rough embossing folder and Nestabilities Classic Ovals set; Sponge dauber; 3M foam mounting tape.

With Marv at the golf course already, it's quiet around here this morning. The situation is only temporary but nice nonetheless. I always appreciate a little time to sit with my morning coffee and collect my thoughts. I have a very busy week coming up at work with press releases hitting the wire on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday. I also have a ton of stuff in the works. Busy is good. It makes the workday go fast and home, at the end of the day, seem that much better. With that, I'll close for now and go address my kitchen floor, which is beyond sponge mop dirty. It's a hands-and-knees job - one that I don't mind once in a while. I hope you have a good day, and as always, thank you for stopping by. With a little luck and/or a few stolen moments in my corner, I might be back later!

2 comments:

Tiff said...

These are so pretty! I love the colors and the way you rounded off only two corners on the first card! It makes you do a double-take!

Jeanne said...

I won't tire of looking at cards made with this set! I'm so glad you found such a nice stamp set to satisfy your coloring impulses.


And if your floor is hands and knees dirty...what must MY floor be! What's beyond that? LOL