Thursday, August 21, 2008

Almost Friday . . .

Holy cow! This has been quite a week. There hasn't been a single day that hasn't included an unexpected element. I'm not used to that. Tonight, it was a visit from Dustin and Miranda and an off-the-cuff decision to go out for a late dinner. It was a good time.

Now for my card . . . As soon as I saw this new set from Impression Obsession, I knew I had to have it. I especially love the sentiments and definition of nest. For this card, I combined the new set with the Birds of a Feather set, also from Impression Obsession. There's not much to explain. The only thing that's a little out of the ordinary is the fact that I used a craft knife to cut around a few of the leaves so that I could tuck my stamped and cut out bird and sentiment behind them. That's kind of a fun thing that adds a little dimension.

Materials and Tools: Colonial White, Chocolate, Bamboo, and Indian Corn Blue cardstock; Chocolate, Olive, and Indian Corn Blue ink pads; Impression Obsession A Little Birdie and Birds of a Feather stamp sets; Cuttlebug w/Diamonds in the Rough embossing folder and Nestabilities Classic Circles set; Sanding block; 3M foam mounting tape.

I think I was asleep last night before my head hit the pillow. Tonight probably won't be much different, particularly after eating a big meal late in the evening.

Did I mention Miranda bought her wedding gown last weekend? It is beautiful! Her bridesmaids got their dresses, too. They are a gorgeous wine color with a champagne band that goes around the strapless bodice. What's really a shocker is the fact that I've found a dress, too. The color is "Latte," the fifth color swatch from the left on the top row. Obviously, I'm pretty excited about this event, because it is totally unlike me to worry about what I'm going to wear a whole year in advance. When Miranda's gown arrives in about three months, I'm going to go to Fargo with her for her first fitting. We'll check out my dress at that time, too. Tonight, we talked about invitations. I'm going to come up with some prototypes, and we'll go from there. What an exciting year it's going to be. It's nice, too, that so much is being planned so far in advance. That way, life won't have to be so hectic in the months immediately preceding the big day.

That's enough jabber for tonight. Have a good day tomorrow. With a little luck (and no surprises), I'll catch you again then. In the meanwhile, take care and thanks for stopping by my corner.

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

Love the card. Tucking the bird behind the leaves adds a lot.

Congrats to Miranda and you for finding dresses! That's wonderful.

I hope your weekend goes more smoothly than your week has.

Big hugs to you!

Maricar said...

Love the cuttlebug embossing.