Friday, August 15, 2008

Happy Friday!

Of the all cards I've made this week, this one is my favorite. I think it's the bright color combination and sweet images. Whatever it is, it makes me smile. As for detail that the camera didn't pick up - The Topiary and Bamboo pieces are textured cardstock. I used Liquid Glass to accent the ladybug's head and spots. The "stitching" along the bottom of the card was created with my piercing tool and white gel pen, and finally, the piece that features the stamped images was mounted with foam mounting tape. It's a happy-looking little card, isn't it?

Materials & Tools: White Daisy and Holiday Red cardstock; Bamboo and Topiary textured cardstock; Topiary, Sunflower, Chocolate, Holiday Red, and Black ink pads; Holiday Red marker; Memory Box Bugs and Blooms, CTMH Spot on Backgrounds, and Hero Arts Anytime Messages stamp sets; Ribbon from Michael's; Liquid Glass; Corner Rounder; Piercing tool; Stampin' Up piercing guide and mat; White gel pen; and 3M foam mounting tape.

What's your plan for the weekend? Marv is deserting me in a little while to go to the still-in-progress hunting cabin for a day or two. That's OK, as I have plenty to do that does not require his presence. In fact, I tend to get more done when he's not around . . . not that I'm pickin' on him or anything . . . In the way of stamping, I need to plan a couple of projects for my club that meets Sunday night. For now, I'm going to go grab a bite to eat and decide what project to tackle first. Thanks for stopping by. I hope your evening is a good one.

6 comments:

Erica said...

i think that may be one of the cutest cards i have ever seen! i may lift it!

Maricar said...

I really like the rounded corners at the top. Funny how details like that make an impact!

Denise ~ Paper Ponderings said...

Cute, cute, cute!

Jeanne said...

What a bright and happy card to see on a cold and rainy morning! Puts a smile on my face.

Plans for the weekend? Hanging around the house (again)and maybe some digi scrappin'...

Hope your day is a creatively productive one!

Jeanne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jeanne said...

Double post...sorry! Don't know what happened...