Friday, August 8, 2008

Harvest Moon

Here's another simple card created with Treasure Life, Close To My Heart's September Stamp of the Month set. To create the background, I used a round sponge to lightly apply Sunflower ink to Colonial White cardstock, making certain that the coverage was even where I planned to place my "moon" stencil - a circle cut from a Post-It note with a 1-1/4 inch punch. After placing my stencil where I wanted it, I applied more ink -Sunflower on the top two-thirds of the card, Autumn Terracotta on the bottom, and then more Sunflower to blend the colors together. I think to say I kind of scrubbed the ink into the paper is an appropriate description of how the ink is applied. One thing you might want to do is keep a baby wipe nearby for wiping off your inky fingers. Once the background looked the way I wanted it to, I stamped my flowers and sentiment with Cocoa ink. Thinking that I needed to add something, I tied a piece of Cocoa chiffon ribbon around the bottom. It didn't do anything more than distract from what on its own is a pretty card, so I removed it.

Materials & Tools: Colonial White and Cocoa cardstock; Cocoa, Sunflower, and Autumn Terracotta cardstock; Treasure Life September SOTM set; Post-It notes; 1-1/4 inch circle punch.

It was a long day. Fridays usually are in the summertime. A lot of people aren't around For every five email messages I send on a Friday, I get two or three "Out of Office" messages back. Lucky ducks. Either they work on salary or have managed their vacation time better than I have this year. As for the weekend, I don't know how much stamping I'll get done.

The little boys are here tonight and will be spending the whole day with me tomorrow while Daddy and Grandpa are at the golf course. The company my sons and I work for sponsors an annual golf social. This is Cameron's third year as its organizer. There are about 250 participants, so he's had a busy week. I promised Bjorn and Mathias we'd make cupcakes tomorrow. I suppose after we make them, we'll have to eat them!

For whatever reason, I'm really tired tonight. Going to bed early so that I have lots of energy tomorrow might be a good idea. I hope you have a good weekend, and like always, thanks for stopping by. While I may not have the opportunity to do any power stamping, I'll probably come up with something. I'll catch you then!

7 comments:

Tracy said...

I love this card!! Make me glad I ordered that SOTM today!

Maricar said...

I love the harvest feel to that card!

Jeanne said...

Another gorgeous card! I love the colors.

What? You didn't watch the Opening Ceremony for the Olympics???? LOL I actually DID...the WHOLE thing! (minus the 1/2 hour the girls wanted to watch something else). Aside from the hugely LONG parade of athletes I was VERY impressed with the "show" portion.

Don't know why I typed all that. Oh well.

I hope you have a wonderful day with the boys!

Laurel said...

Oooohhh... I love it, love the September SOTM, love what you did with it!!! I just got back from camping, my stamps just waiting to be inked, do you mind if I scraplift?

Kim said...

This is such a beautfiful card!

Kristine said...

This is gorgeous! I will definately be lifting it....I think a set of 8 with varying sentiments would be a lovely gift -- let's just hope I can be that ambitious. Thanks again for sharing - you are inspiring.

ScrappyStuff said...

~ love this card! ... and some of your others. But THIS one ... inspires me! thanks for sharing!
~ toni, blog hopping!