Saturday, August 9, 2008

Inkspired

My card was inspired by Julee's card, which can be found in a couple of places. First, there's Julee's blog, Poetic Artistry, and then there's the Verve Stamps blog. Verve Stamps has a release coming up on Wednesday. Julee and the others creating previews used the new Grateful Elegance set. I'm anxious to see the whole set. For today, however, I had to use what I have - a fact I'm not complaining about. I don't think my card design warrants a lot of explanation other than the fact that I used one Hero Arts pearl accent in the center of the large medallion, and the other pearl-look accents were created with White Opal Liquid Pearls dimensional paint.

Materials & Tools: White Daisy, Heavenly Blue, Desert Sand, and Chocolate cardstock; Chocolate and Crystal Blue ink pads; Verve Stamps Filigree Fantasy and Thoughtful Florals stamp sets; CTMH You're Invited (retired) stamp set; Hero Arts Medium Pearl Accents; White Opal Liquid Pearls; Cuttlebug w/Nestabilities Classic Circles set; Sponge dauber.

Grandma got quite a workout today and is dog tired tonight. Bjorn was, too, evidently, as he fell asleep in Papa's recliner within minutes of finishing dinner. Mathias and I took that as our signal to snuggle up on the sofa and watch the shows on Sprout. I should say Mathias watched with me dozing in 15 minute intervals. I received my complimentary fall/winter CTMH catalog today and now that I'm awake again, need to go "study" it a bit more carefully. I hope you're having a lovely evening. Later!!

3 comments:

Tracy said...

Love this card and the pretty pearls!

Tracy
@ www.creativewhimsyartists.blogspot.com

Jeanne said...

I starred this card in my Reader and thought...I'd love to try my hand at this one. You beat me to it (which isn't hard, since I can't create anything right now-wah).

This is a beautiful card and I love the little pearls.

Believe me I SO understand the dozing in 15 min. intervals. That's me, too. Ü What a snuggly gramma you are, though!

Kim said...

Very pretty card!