Friday, August 29, 2008

Inkspired

Good evening, and Happy Friday! I hope that I can stay awake long enough to get through this post.

My card was inspired by this card on a fun blog I came across last night, Stamping Moments. What attracted me to Jenny's pretty card was what I considered an unusual, albeit very attractive, color combination. As is sometimes the case when I attempt to "lift" a card, I like the original (as in Jenny's card) better. Sometimes when I'm working with different stamps or papers, I'm just not capable of capturing the essence of the card that inspires me.

Materials & Tools: White Daisy, Olive, Moonstruck, and Cranberry cardstock; Moonstruck, Cranberry, and Olive ink pads; CTMH Butterfly Kiss and Air Mail (retired) stamp sets; Papertrey Ink Mixed Messages stamp set; Pewter picture hangers; Olive chiffon ribbon; 1 and 1-1/4 inch circle punches; Cuttlebug w/Floral Fantasy embossing folder; 3M foam mounting tape.

What an incredibly long day it was and so hard to get anything done, because there were so many people who weren't around - typical of a Friday prior to a long holiday weekend. I spent most of the morning exchanging emails with an editor in Germany regarding a story I'm working on. His name is Siegfried, and on the third or fourth exchange, he started signing off as "Sigi." I thought, "Ooh, we're getting intimate here." I got a kick out of it. With a six-hour time difference, my fun with him ended around noon when he said he was heading to the pub for a "bier."

We had dinner with Dusty and Miranda right after work, with most of the conversation centering around Senator Obama's speech last night and Senator McCain's stunning vice presidential pick. What a year for surprises, and while I thought the fun might be over, I'm thinking now that with Governor Palin in the mix, things might be interesting to the end. I've heard many say, and I'll have to agree, that this has been the most unusual political season of my lifetime. I'm sure I'll fall asleep tonight listening to the political pundits rehash the events of the last few days.

Speaking of sleep, a big meal always makes me tired, so I think I'll go lay down. What have you got planned for the weekend? I'm going to try to get a few things done on the domestic scene and otherwise, relax. Whatever you're doing, I hope you enjoy it. Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

This is definitely a different color combo and it's good to stretch our comfort zones, isn't it? You can't go too far wrong when using butterflies in my opinion!

It sounds like you had an interesting Friday! Glad you all had your birthday dinner and some lively conversation, I'm sure.

Thanks for sharing!