Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Pastiche

A few weeks ago, it was music trivia. Tonight, it's the word of the week/month/year. While I've heard it and seen it in print, I don't think I've ever used it, making it new to me. "Pastiche" (pronounced pa-steesh) is defined as 1. a literary, musical, or artistic piece consisting wholly or chiefly of motifs or techniques borrowed from one or more sources, or 2. an incongruous combination of materials, forms, motifs, etc., taken from different sources; hodgepodge.

Yup, I used stamps from several sets and a combination of inks and papers. A pastiche it is, and I don't know if the result is: 1. Out of the Box, 2. Over the Top, or 3. Butt Ugly. It is interesting, and it was inspired by this very cute card on the My Many Many Passions blog. Once again, I was intrigued by the color combination. I don't know what Stampin' Up colors Monica used, but I used Honey and Breeze, which are not colors I would have chosen without a little inkspiration.

There isn't much to explain. I stamped my flower image on the Honey cardstock with White Daisy Pigment ink, using my embossing tool to aid with the drying process. The heart were stamped on 1/2 inch circles cut with a punch. The camera really picked up on the white ink. It's not nearly as dominant in person, which means this card, like many others, looks better up close and personal. The angle of the shot also makes the card elements less straight than they actually are - not saying it's perfect or anything!

Materials & Tools: White Daisy, Honey, and Breeze cardstock; White Daisy Pigment ink pad; Black, Breeze, Sunny Yellow, Citrus Leaf, Watermelon, and Bubblegum ink pads; Memory Box Bugs and Blooms, Hero Arts Anytime Messages, and CTMH Made By Me stamp sets; Ribbon from Walmart; 1/2-inch circle punch.

The elevator was worked on again today, so my Internet service is hit and miss again tonight. The last couple of days have been busy and productive at work, which means the hours have flown by almost as fast as they do on the weekend. Other than that, there isn't much going on. As for getting my corner cleaned up last night, it didn't happen. I made this card instead, which means I'm going to mosey on over there again tonight to see what happens. Maybe I'll straighten up and maybe I won't . . . While I'm doing whatever it is I'm going to do, you have a nice evening. I'll catch you tomorrow!

2 comments:

Peggy said...

Another fun card! I like the colour combo, I never know when to use honey!
I have something for you here
http://cardcrazy.wordpress.com/
have a great night!
Peggy

Jeanne said...

I've never seen/heard that word before. I like it though! I like the card as well. One wouldln't think those colors would work together, but they do. I especially like the sentiment. Something I am always working on.

Thanks for sharing. Ü