Saturday, August 16, 2008

Something Soft

This card is quite a contrast from the others I've done recently. It has such a soft look in comparison to the bright, bold colors I've been using recently. I like it.

For this one, I used VersaMark, which acts as a resist, on glossy paper. While I don't know if it was necessary, I used my embossing tool to dry the VersaMark a bit before applying my ink with sponge daubers. The vellum flower was embossed with white embossing powder and cut out (obvious). A white Bigger Brad attaches it to the card. The sentiment finished it.

Materials and Tools: White Daisy and Black cardstock; White glossy cardstock; Vellum; Black, Breeze, Key Lime, and Buttercup stamp pads; Rustic Flowers and Because of You stamp sets; White Daisy Bigger Brads; Sponge Daubers.

It has been an incredibly quiet day today - quiet both at home and in the blogosphere. Everybody must be doin' something. If I weren't such a weekend recluse, I'd be wondering what I'm missing. After 24 hours, though, I do miss my hubby, and as much as I was looking forward to the solitude yesterday, I wish he'd come home tonight. There's something about just having him in his recliner eight or so feet from my computer that makes me feel good, even if the blast of his television is part of the package.

5 comments:

Jeanne said...

Oh wow! I love what you have done with this card. I've got it marked for lifting when I can get out to my craft room again. The soft colors are just perfect.

It has been quiet, hasn't it? I've not been very productive at all, but the rain stopped long enough for me to go out of the house for a bit, which was nice.

Hope you have a great night!

Jenifer said...

WOW!! I LOVE this!!! thank you for sharing this!

Tiff said...

This card looks beautiful! Now, I need glossy cardstock ;) I feel the same about my hubby! I just feel more at ease with him sitting on the couch watching man shows, LOL!

Unknown said...

pretty pretty! I love the soft coloring.

HEY KATHI can you please email me pammiewhammie@yahoo.com

I have something for you that you may be interested in.... :)

CraftyC said...

A great card, love the pastel tones
Clairexx