Friday, October 24, 2008

Merry Pursuits

Here's my card for Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge #63. I'm still lovin' those little elves which are so quick and easy to color with markers. The one thing that I'm going to list in my Materials and Tools list that I've been asked about numerous times is the Tombow #850 marker. If my memory serves me correctly Close To My Heart sold Tombow markers years ago before starting a line of its own. I think that's where I first got my hands on one, and it's the best flesh-colored marker I've ever come across. The last one I purchased was either from Dick Blick or at Michael's.

Materials & Tools: White Daisy and Cranberry cardstock; Evensong paper packet and Evensong Creative Basics Collection; Black, New England Ivy, and Twilight stamp pads; Garden Green and Cranberry CTMH markers and Tombow #850 marker; Merry Pursuits and Stay it in Style stamp sets; Cranberry mini brads; New England Ivy Designer Ribbon Rounds (retired); Stampin' Up Photo Corners punch; Cuttlebug w/Nestabilities Classic Circles set; 3M foam mounting tape; Dove Blending Pen.

For no good reason, I'm pooped out tonight. It was catch-up day at work today . . . if there is such a thing. I was able to leave early, which was nice on a Friday. I still don't have any concrete plans for the weekend, just the usual "stuff" to do. Marv's going to the hunting cabin for the day tomorrow, so I suppose it's possible I might get ambitious. For tonight, I'm on my way back to my corner to clean up. It's to the point where I have to leap into my chair for all the stuff on the floor, and I've got nothing more than a 6x6-inch square of workspace on my desktop. While I know I'll just mess it up again in the morning, it's always nice to start the day with a clean slate. Signing off, I wish you a wonderful weekend. Later . . .

6 comments:

Sylvia said...

Neat card. When my desk gets messy I tell myself that when I worked I never went home until my desk was tidy but for some reason I can't make that work at home. LOL. At the moment my desk is clean but I hope to mess it up tomorrow.

Laurel said...

Love it, I'm with you, I love these little guys! It's about time I try something else with them!

Jeanne said...

Oh goodness...he's adorable! The whole card is great, but he's the icing on the cake!

Ummmmm....my desk is a mess right now, but I'm gonna leave it alone! LOL

Alanna said...

Your elf is just darling and looks perfect paired with the evensong papers.

Beate said...

That is sooo cute! I love the elf, the paper and the colors. Darling card!
Thanks for playing!
Hugs and smiles

Connie said...

This card is awesome! I LOVE this set. I do have to agree about the Tombow 850. I got mine for free several years ago in an Amish stamp store for purchasing over $25 in stamps (really??)! I wholeheartedly agree this is by far the best flesh marker I've seen! Thank you for the awe inspiring artwork. I missed you during your brief break and am glad to see you back!!!