Monday, October 13, 2008

Perfect Day

No, my day wasn't perfect, but it was a good one. Perfect Day is the name of the paper I used for my card. It's one I made this weekend while playing with the fun corner punch Jeanne sent. I love the fact that the guards come off the EK Success corner punches, which allows one to do other things with them. Creating the border required a little measuring, and as careful as I was, it's still a fraction of an inch off - kind of like right side of the Colonial White piece. Oops! The oval pearl brads are some by Wilton that I picked up in the bridal department at Walmart. I don't know what they're intended for, because they are really heavy-duty with prongs that are actually difficult to bend. Nonetheless, I thought they were kind of pretty.

Materials & Tools: Colonial White and Sorbet cardstock; Perfect Day paper packet; Sorbet ink pad; For Every Occasion stamp set; Wilton oval pearl brads from Walmart; Hero Arts 5MM Pearl Accents; EK Success Victorian Lace corner punch.

Like I said, it was a good day. Work was fine, and I smoked Marv at three games of Wii bowling after supper, so my reign continues. Poor boy. He even practiced - just like I said he would. The weather continues to be gloomy, but it didn't rain today. I'm hoping that it dries up enough for Marv to get back to his truck driving stint and get it done with so life can get back to normal - whatever that is . . . For tonight, I'm going to my corner, first to clean it up and then to see if I have any mojo. Have a nice evening and terrific Tuesday. And as always, thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

Wow! Is this ever pretty! I'm so tickled that you are liking and using that punch. Ü

I got a good chuckle out of you smoking Marv at bowling again today. Sounds like fun!

I cleaned my corner today, too. And the breakfast bar and part of the garage room that used to be my craft area! I was busy! LOL And now I'm tired!