Monday, October 27, 2008

Short & Sweet

I realized today that I have a full week ahead of me and that what I didn't accomplish this weekend needs to be done between tonight and tomorrow night. With no cards 'banked' from the weekend, I opted for super simple tonight. The image is a sweet one that carries a big message. The sketch is an easy one, and the only thing notable is that I used three Mini GlueDots to attach the rickrack - one on each end and the other in the middle. It holds just fine and is so much easier than trying to glue the stuff down. I also used Fray Check on the ends, clipping them to a nice smooth finish once it was dry. As for that polka dot ribbon, I wasn't going to use it yet again, but the grosgrain bow I tried first was too 'heavy' for the simple image. While it didn't jump off the catalog page at me, it turns out that I love the Magic Moments paper, too. It includes lots of polka dots, which means it is very versatile.

Materials & Tools: Colonial White, Sunflower, and Garden Green cardstock; Magic Moments paper packet; Cocoa ink pad; Sunflower, Garden Green, and Brown Bag markers; Stampin' Up Thoroughly Thankful stamp set; Rickrack Collection; Ribbon from Walmart; Cuttlebug w/Nestabilities Classic Circles set; Mini GlueDots.

One of the things I didn't get done this weekend was my shopping, so I'm off with checkbook and list in hand as soon I get my clothes changed. I hope you had a great day and that tomorrow is a good one, too. Thanks for stopping by.

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Beautiful.
Leslie

Jeanne said...

HOW do you do this? How do you come up with a fantastic card to share day after day? I am running out of adjectives. I SO appreciate your talent!

Send this card to yourself...that's how I feel.

Big Hugs!

We are the Moses tribe. said...

Kathi, you are truly amazing. You slip to your corner to share some art with us when you have other things that are pressing. I truly appreciate your dedication to your blog and your art.