Sunday, October 26, 2008

Those Colors Again . . .

Here again is a card inspired by a Stampin' Up color combo I've been seeing around the blog0sphere. There's nothing much to explain with the exception that I wanted to make this card so much, I tried twice. My first effort was a calamity of errors. I guess I should have called on my helpers. LOL.

Materials & Tools: Colonial White, Cocoa, Juniper, and Autumn Terracotta cardstock; Chocolate ink pad; Juniper, Autumn Terracotta, and Chocolate markers; Papertrey Ink Out on a Limb and Verve Stamps Beautiful You stamp sets; Ribbon from Walmart; Fiskars Sunburst border punch; Cuttlebug w/Swiss Dots embossing folder; Piercing tool; Stampin' Up Piercing Guide & Mat.


Were I to sing a little song this morning, it would begin: "Oh, the weather outside is frightful . . ." That's where it would end, however, because there's nothing 'delightful' about it. It's snowing with winds from the northwest at 34 mph gusting to 42 mph. Thus, it's snowing sideways. So far, it's melting when it hits the ground. Darn it! I'm not ready for winter weather. Bjorn and Mathias are in fine form this morning with lots of energy. We got through the night without any need for Motrin, which was good. Nonetheless, Bjorn still isn't eating much and you can hear in his voice that things in his throat aren't just right. As I type, both boys are begging for a little computer time, so I suppose now that I've fueled myself with a sufficient amount of coffee, I can handle a kid - or two - in my lap. I don't know when their mother is coming to pick them up, but once she does and I've accomplished what I'd planned for yesterday, I'll be back. Until then, have a good day and take care!

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Nice colors on the card. I like the combo.

Love the grandkids! Hope your little one gets better fast! Hate to see them not feeling well.

We are getting winds and rain here in Maine today, no snow as yet, although that can change quickly!

You have a good Sunday!

Jeanne said...

Gorgeous! Love that color combo myself. You do such terrific work!