Saturday, October 11, 2008

Too Kind

I was at work and on the phone with Marv on Thursday when he opened our mailbox. "You've got a fat package," he told me. With nothing 'on order,' I asked him what it was. He won't tell me. "I'm not spoiling your surprise," he said. "You'll find out when you get home." What it was a package from my wonderful friend, Jeanne. It seems she'd doubled up on a punch purchase and thought I'd like the extra. She was right! I was also happy that someone quite a few years younger than I am makes a duplicate purchase once in a while. Maybe I don't have to attribute it to my advanced years after all!! LOL. As wonderful as the punch were the three beautiful cards she included. The medallion frame on the card on the right was created with a corner punch, an awesome technique I have yet to try. The card with the tree is so intricately colored, it takes my breath away, and the one featuring the pumpkin embossing folder is beautifully chalked. All of these cards, along with links to a how to video for the medallion frame and 'where to buy' information for the embossing folder can be found on Jeanne's fun Creative Bliss blog. Thank you, Jeanne!

When I saw the punch, I instantly thought of my Inspiration stamp set and CTMH's new Perfect Day paper packet. Here's what I came up with. Isn't it pretty? And the sentiment, if you can't see it, says "You're too kind." While I don't know that any of us can be "too" kind, I am so grateful for the friends I have who are so kind! Back to my card, the medallion is adhered to the card with foam mounting tape, and if I were to do anything different next time, I might distress the focal point piece a tad to coordinate better with the background paper. Satin ribbon would be pretty on this one, too.

Materials & Tools: Colonial White, Juniper, and Chocolate cardstock; Perfect Day paper packet; Juniper and Chocolate ink pads; Inspiration and Papertrey Ink Mixed Messages stamp sets; Ribbon From Walmart; Hero Arts 5mm Pearl Accents; EK Success Victorian Lace Corner Adorner punch; Cuttlebug w/Nestabilities Classic Circles set; McGill Multi Tags punch; Sponge dauber; 3M foam mounting tape.

Wow! The day is flying by. Rarely does this phenomena occur on a workday. If it did, I wouldn't complain so much. LOL. Speaking of complaining, when I called my husband to ask him if he left town with my car keys in his pocket, I think he thought he was going to get yelled at. Not today, as I have plenty to do without leaving the house. You should see my corner right now - mass chaos and in need of some attention. There are also toys strewn all over the living room from last night, and mud on my kitchen floor, most likely deposited there by the boots of my rained-out, beet-hauling husband. I don't think I've had mud on my floors since the boys grew up. Haven't missed it. I hope you're having a good day. Later . . .

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

Nice Friend!
Cool Punch!
Beautiful Cards as Always!! :)