Monday, November 17, 2008

Easy Does It

There's no other way on a Monday. My card is based on one of several sketches that Julee of Verve Stamps put out a while back. The focal point stamp is from Verve's Abundant Blessings and the sentiment from the Here for You stamp set. The paper, from Basic Grey's Boxer collection, reminds me of old wallpaper. The only thing that the photo doesn't reveal is the fact that the stamped image was mounted to the card with foam mounting tape to accommodate the "fat" ribbon.

Materials & Tools: Colonial White and New England Ivy Cardstock; Basic Grey Boxer 6x6-inch paper pad; New England Ivy and Bamboo ink pads; Verve Stamps Abundant Blessings and Here for You stamp sets; Ribbon from Michael's; Cuttlebug w/Classic Circles Nestabilities set; Sponge dauber; 3M foam mounting tape.

A quick card and post tonight, as Marv wants to take me out to dinner. Who can say "no" to a date with a handsome man? While I'm sure we'll be home early, I also know what I do after I've eaten a big meal. I promptly fall asleep! I hope you had a great day. I'll catch you again tomorrow.

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

Ohhhh...this card is very pretty. I really like the paper you used. It does look like wallpaper. I sure hope you enjoyed your impromptu date night with your hubby and got a good night's sleep!