Thursday, November 6, 2008

Inkspired, Enabled, You Name It!

Every once in a while, I see lovely card made with a particular stamp and say, "I want it." Such was the case with this card/butterfly stamp that I saw on my friend Jeanne's Creative Bliss blog. I did a Google search for "Basic Grey Bohemia Butterfly Stamp" and quickly found it here at Jacksonville Embellishments. The mail carrier brought it today along with another small stamp set and some Basic Grey Christmas paper that I thought I needed. With an image so large and pretty, I didn't fuss with my card too much. Like Jeanne, I stamped the butterfly with VersaMark and then used Sunflower and Autumn Terracotta chalks to color it. My chalk applicator of choice was a cotton ball.

Materials & Tools: Colonial White Cardstock; Expedition paper packet; Basic Grey Ambrosia Bitsy Bohemia and Verve Stamps Fluttering By stamp sets; Autumn chalk set; Sunflower mini brad; Stampin' Up Word Window punch; Cuttlebug with/Nestabilities Classic Circles set.

The best thing about today is the fact that tomorrow is Friday, and once I get home tomorrow, I don't have to go anywhere until Monday if I don't feel like it. Our nice weather went in the tank. It's currently rainy and windy with the possibility of snow in the forecast. I have yet to get used to the time change and have been going to bed early, getting up early, and actually feeling better for it. What I should do it go into work an hour earlier so that I can come home when it's still daylight. With nothing very interesting, I'm going to sign off and jump into my jammies. As tired as I was of election coverage, I'm even more tired of listening to the political pundits rehash the whole thing, so for the time being, I've given up 24-hours news for Comedy Central. Thanks for stopping, and have a good day tomorrow. I'll catch you then!

4 comments:

Laurel said...

I love that butterfly! I have something for you on my blog.

Erica said...

great job..i saw that card & butterfly too & want it! do you have a subscription icon on your blog?

Jeanne said...

oooh, oooh, oooh! VERY pretty! Love it! Do I have to apologize for this one? Cuz if I do, I won't...it's just too pretty to be sorry about!

Hope your weekend is lots of fun and full of creations!

Hugs!

Tiff said...

WOW, that is stunning!